Alien Gear Holster Review - my experience wasn't a good one

General discussion of topics not listed below.
Jer
Alien Gear Holster Review - my experience wasn't a good one

Post by Jer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:54 am

Ok - so here is the full video review I did on the Alien Gear Cloak Slide holster for the Springfield XDS-4.0 in .45acp...

The short is that I don't think this is a safe holster for two reasons.
1) The belt loop straps are too narrow and not enough material around the grommets. This could cause a failure and an unsafe condition.
2) There is excess leather on the back that interferes with drawing the weapon. This can cause a bad draw, a dropped gun, or other catastrophic conditions.
I cannot recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Slide for the Springfield XDS to anyone until Alien Gear fixes those issues.
For $35.00, I can overlook many many things, but safety factors are not one of them.
I will be taking advantage of their 30 day warranty and I will be sending this holster back.

If someday in the future they decide to fix those issues, I will be willing to try them again - but I can't trust my life to a holster that may keep me from drawing my weapon. It's my opinion that the holster was neither designed nor QC'd by a "shooter."
Click here for the full review
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
--John F. Kennedy